My life... but not as we know it!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Well my new friends left last night and this makes me sad! The Germans were cool and I didn't even get to speak to the girls from Finland... mostly I'll miss Chris's smile, Daniel bossing me around and Sarah's laugh! We didn't really get to know them too well but they helped me to forget the events of the last month for a short time and I actually felt like my old self for a while. This distraction I know I have God to thank for because I prayed that one would come over the Easter break from school! Now that they are gone I am gonna spring clean my house... by the end of this week it will be worthy of a visit by the Janice... I hope. I've just noticed something about my blogging habits, I am far more likely to blog in my holidays from school. More time is a factor but I think also if I blogged when I was at work it might just be me complaining about that all the time!
I have a wish list at the moment and it includes some things off of the internet shopping network that I would buy if I were rich...
Here goes...
1 Peacock cons off ebay
2 ipod shuffle off apple
3 a list of dvd's and books as long as your arm including Narnia double disc, phantom of the opera, everything CSLewis has ever written etc...! off play
4 if I had the ipod I think I would buy the complete Harry Potter audiobook collection read by Stephen Fry.
I stumbled on a wicked use of a blog yesterday as I was jumping around blogger, an American lady asked for prayer requests saying that she would pray and asking others who found her site to do the same, if you leave a prayer request or not you pray and she got 111 comments in a couple of hours! This means that each of those requests (if her idea worked,ie if people prayed) were prayed for over 100 times! I didn't leave a request but I prayed anyway!
Lots of love
J9

2 Comments:

  • Hey J9
    Great to hear from you! First of all I have to tell you that your E-Mail address doesn't work anymore, at least it didn't when I tried to E-Mail you. Glad that you had a few good days with the OM group. OMer are nice people, as we all know ;-) Hope you will get out of the valley soon, so you can see the sun shining. Love & miss you.

    By Blogger Simone's adventures, at 4:01 AM  

  • thanks for dropping by at my site.. such inspiring quotes you have here..
    anyway, i definite know what you were trying to say, but my point is, we should also take into consideration certain things. we shouldn't, rather, i don't consider some things literally. i mean, yeah, i too believe that God was the one who guided the apostles in writing the bible. but i think He was not the one who published (literally) the first copy of the bible and of course there were human being involved in choosing what gospel to include in the bible..
    don't get me wrong, i, like you, believe in God.

    You could visit my site anytime you want and drop some comments too.. thanks!! =)
    sedatedjoshe.blogspot.com

    By Blogger shelle, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home